... the road to July!

04 March, 2007

Bangalore to Paris

The gang of 'three' (Bhaisaab, Arushi & Rasika) came to drop me at Bangalore Airport. While obliging that last touch with everyone of them, all I felt and told myself was 'Alright, thats okay!' and it was for the first time while starting a journey I felt little emotional (also felt as if it was a little incomplete see-off!).

Next the 'International Departure' hall was ready to welcome me with a little wonderful experience ahead. Went to the Currency converter counter. Asked the guy to convert the 10000 INR to the Euros. In return all I got was 4 Notes (3 notes of 50, and a note of 10, in all 160 Euros). First of the smile I had about the experience am gonna have soon.

Further I was asked to pay approx. 9000 INR towards the luggage overweight (by 6kgs). 'OMG! Now theres' nobody around I can ask to take back some stuff home. Can't even throw anything just like that, don't have money either. What do I do?'

Then I realized the rucksack inside my suitcase could be carried to the cabin with a few more things & even my shoulder bag could easily accommodate inside it, did the same, weight still loosened only by 4kgs but the lady on the other side of the counter somehow relaxed rest 2kgs for me ... lol first surprise happened for the journey. But the penalty had to be paid and it came in terms of the surprising & astonishing looks of the other passengers, who must be thinking, "How the hell this guy gonna fit in this big huge rucksack inside the cabin"?

On top of that, the luggage space corresponding to my seat number was isolated, hence, extremely small to accommodate even half the size of my rucksack. And I was like, "Hell! What do I do now? "

Being little clever, I utilized the others' space (Seats 30-32, since they were attached) and my rucksack finally got away from the sad looks of the people but yes I ended up using others' space and soon I realized the sweet deadly looks of an Indian lady and an African guy, since neither of whom were sitting on any of those seats, hence I didn’t care about them at all.

Little later noticed the way the seat owner's were actually struggling to accommodate their luggage, I kept observing them, felt relaxed soon as they all got settled. As I started to bring my eyes back to normal, they gazed through the eyes of that Indian lady once again and the deadly looks were still on, this time I too didn’t try to avoid and decided to give back the equivalent looks back again, hence we kicked off a short n silent conversation:

She: "Yucks! What the hell, you cheapo!".
Me: "Shut up! Why the hell do you have to bother?"

Lol. I immediately decided to leave that state of conversation n get myself back to normal self again.

Wow! A great start to the journey!

No comments: