... the road to July!

19 November, 2006

Reverse Living

They say that you learn every moment in this life. Of course, may be, but its only very few moments that you recognize them to be in the same context.

Just a few days back, I've had an experience, experience which I heard, thought, imagined couple of times through media only. The experience am sure isn't worth posting here but indeed its' a corporate experience, something which most of us will take and percieve as bad experience. Bad because it was not so good or pleasing at its first instance, it led me through several frustration levels every moment after that and torturing me whenever i thought of it.

It took a couple of days to overcome the negative vibes I was generating out of me for sometime.
Yesterday, very early morning, while I was still in my trans state, a couple of thoughts floated across mind & I actually started calculating about what all have I achieved or done in these 20+ days after having the so called bad experience? Rather what has actually helped me to come out of this situation better unlike before?

1. Purchasing a Bike.
What a frustrated mind said ::
What the hell? Why do I need the bike at all now? Do I really need it now? Am sure even if I go for it after about a month or two, that should also be okay! Man save some money, you never know how it may help you!
Not-so-frustrated-Mind ::
Why the hell do I've to postpone my personal activities on grounds of an experience very much unrelated? Would have I thought of postponing this decision in normal circumstances? If not then why do I have to behave as if circumstances aren't normal, they actually depend upon how do I percieve the situation to be! Why to build an external pressure when the internal one is already on its peak?
Listening to not-so-frustrated-mind I actually accelerated the process of procuring the bike. My prior dealer promised me to deliver the bike in 15 days and then I decided to go with the dealer who can get me the one immediately, now I've the bike, got it delievered in next 4 days of my decision :-).

2. Daily Outings.
Frustrated Mind ::
What! you'll do outings now? That too daily? Insane! You don't go for outings even on weekends! No! you should rather focus yourself, make new plans, study more and try for better job prospects, change your workplace etc etc.
Not-so-frustrated-Mind ::
Chill yaar. Why don't you find out why do many people go for outings to get relaxed? Lets try this at least once. Focus & study of course but don't be too calculative on time management, whatever you do, do it with relaxation. Who knows, daily relaxation might help you overcome daily burnout a bit & stop you to accumulate all of it.
Since my bike has come I've made it a habit to go outside in the evenings, however pressure, or targetted tasks I have pending for the day. I remember after 7.00 pm i'm never home, and my roomies have an impression that I've been working late nights in the office ;-).

3. Dining out.
Frustrated Mind ::
Now this is height, What doesn that mean btw? What does dining out has to do with your problem? I mean you eat at home normally, then why not behave normally? Why do you want to put fire to your so meagre an amount that you have for your survival for the rest of the month? You are intelligent & literate enough, I don't think it really makes any sense, now decide yourself.
Not-so-frustrated-Mind ::
First chill. Changing lifestyle once in a while doesn't make it worse. Doing general things differently sometimes take you away from your mind's virtual web of thoughts. Dining out is just a way to come out of normal routine activities. Why not just try out something randomly for fun, don't worry your financial state wouldn't be affected too much.
Fortunately our LPG cylinder too, went empty and it actually became a necessity for dining out, What a timing and on top of that it took about 10 days to get the refill delivered at home. Although its a different story that I dined out with a friend to make it even fulfilling.

4. Spending time with a friend.
Frustrated Mind ::
You need somebody to spend time in itself shows that you are weak. The essence of this very act represnts that you are frustrated. And you very well know, you've never liked being with any one for that matter in such times, you've rather always preferred being alone! Why don't you be at your natural self?
Not-so-frustrated-Mind ::
Whatever you've been doing so far, who guarantees that its the perfect way of doing things? Lets see! When you've been trying so many different things, why not start a new relationship as well? This time don't be so skeptical, do not think much. Try listening & understanding more, rememer everyone is a human first. Btw what good will you achieve being alone as well?

5. Last but not the least.
Take immediate steps on whatever gyan I collect on weekends, now thats a secret!

"Is it really worth blaming whole organization for an experience I had with a single individual?"
I actually made my mind to leave my organization on grounds of this experience, but now it again seems to be good with this new perspective.
What good will I achieve being dishonest to the organization? Isn't it a learning in a way to make myself better & avoid any such circumstances further? Be emotional but on the same hand remain aware of corporate dynamics as well. No doubt this is what is known as experience!

The concept of living in a reverse manner to counter such troubles is another learning in itself. Which am sure is no small in itself.

No comments: